Last Updated: June 6, 2018
1. Information We Collect
We collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as from your browser or device.
1. Information You Provide Directly To Us
We may collect information from you in a variety of ways, such as when you:
Register for an account;
Complete your Member profile;
Donate to a Campaign;
Create a Campaign;
Fill out a survey or provide us with Feedback;
Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other
Use certain features that require your information to function (e.g.,
portions of our Services that require log-in to participate);
Communicate with us; or
Post User Content, including comments, to or on any of our Services.
The information you provide directly to us may include, but is not limited to:
- email address;
- mailing address;
- phone number;
- workplace information;
- photographs and audio/video content; and
- financial information, including information needed to verify your identity.
Our Services may include Campaign boards, chat rooms, forums, message boards, news groups and other community tools that are publicly visible to other Members and users. Please be considerate and respectful of others while using the community to share your opinions. We reserve the right, but do not have the obligation, to review and monitor such postings or any other content on our Services, and to remove postings or content that may be viewed as inappropriate or offensive to others.
2. Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected
1. Device/Usage Information
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices or tablets) you use to access the Services. As described further below, we may collect and analyze information such as
(a) IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, IMEI and TCP/IP address, and other information about your computer or device (s), browser types, browser language, operating system, mobile device carrier information, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and
(b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit web pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, statistical information about the use of the Services, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information. 2. Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies We may also collect data about your use of the Services through the use of Internet server logs, cookies and/or tracking pixels. A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website, that enables us to:
(i) recognize your computer;
(ii) store your preferences and settings;
(iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited;
(iv) enhance your user experience by delivering content and advertisements
specific to your inferred interests;
(v) perform searches and analytics;
(vi) assist with security administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions or clicks, measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access user cookies. We also may include Web beacons in email messages, newsletters and other electronic communications to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics, personalization and advertising. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods. Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe#39;s website. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
3. Location Information
We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information and features. We may use such information to improve the Services, including providing you with location-based features (e.g. to identify Campaigns that may interest
you). To deliver customized content and advertising, we may share your location information with our agents, vendors, or advertisers. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details. If you disable certain functions, you may be unable to use certain parts of the Services.
4. Information from Social Networking Sites and Other Third Parties We may collect information about you or others through our affiliates or through non-affiliated third parties. For example, you may be able to access the Services through a social networking account, such as Facebook. If you access the Services through your Services account, you may allow us to have access to certain information in your Services profile. This may include your name, profile picture, gender, networks,
user IDs, list of friends, location, date of birth, email address, photos, videos, people you follow and/or who follow you, and/or your posts or “likes.” Social networking sites, such as Facebook, have their own policies for handling your information. For a description of how these sites may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult the sites' privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you. We may also collect information about you or others through non-affiliated third parties. For example, to the extent permitted by law, we may, in our sole discretion, ask for and collect supplemental information from third parties, such as information about your organization’s history, information to verify your identity or trustworthiness, or for other fraud or safety protection purposes. We may combine information that we collect from you through the Services with information that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
2. Collection of information across personal devices Sometimes we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect – for instance, log-in credentials, IP addresses, hashed email addresses, and unique mobile device identifiers – to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content, features, and advertising, and provide you with a seamless experience across the devices you use to access the Services.
2. How We Use Your Information We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To recognize and authenticate you on the Services;
- To initiate or to provide the features, services and products available through
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us, account
alerts, or other communications, such as newsletters to which you have
- To contact you with information, surveys, or Campaigns that we believe may be
of interest to you both regarding our products and Services and those of third
- To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your Feedback;
For internal research and reporting;
- To improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- To personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services or on
- For internal recruiting purposes;
With your consent, to call or send you SMS messages regarding your
relationship with us or offers or services that may interest you;
enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services; and
To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
Please note that we may combine information that we collect from you and about you (including automatically-collected information) with information we obtain about you from our affiliates and/or non-affiliated third parties, and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy. We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services. We may use de-identified and/or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, Campaign Organizers, and/or others.
2. When We Disclose Your Information We may disclose and/or share your information to or with any non-affiliated third parties under the following circumstances:
- Consent. We may disclose your information to any third parties based on your consent to do so.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with
select third parties who perform services on our behalf, including without
limitation marketing, market research, customer support, data storage, analysis
and processing, and legal services.
o Protection of It’s Humanity Foundation and Others. You acknowledge, consent, and agree that It’s Humanity Foundation may access, preserve, and disclose
your information and/or any User Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Services, if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that
the following reasons:
(1) to comply with legal process;
(2) to enforce these
Terms, our Policy, or other contracts with you, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
(3) to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
(4) to respond to your requests for customer service; and/or
(5) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of It’s Humanity Foundation, its agents and affiliates, its users, and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, and spam/malware prevention, and similar purposes. o Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions, e.g., due diligence) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of It’s Humanity Foundation’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. o Campaigns and Public Forums. Campaigns on our Services may be publicly- accessible. We may also offer community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Please also remember that if you choose to provide information on such features of the Services, individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that
information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about what you choose to disclose through such forums and make sure it’s information you want to share
3. Online Analytics and Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research or reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described in the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. We may also use Adobe Analytics to analyze and optimize the performance of our websites, advertising, and content. To learn more about Adobe’s privacy practices and to make choices regarding Adobe’s tracking activities, please click here. If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
2. Online Advertising
2. Notice Concerning Do-Not-Track Signals
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
3. Accessing and Controlling Your Data
4. Consent to Transfer
Our computer systems are currently based in Bangladesh so your personal data will be processed by us in the jurisdiction of Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh. The data protection and privacy regulations in this jurisdiction may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using the Services, you agree to this Policy and you consent to the transfer of all such information to the jurisdiction identified above, which may not offer a level of protection equivalent to that required in the jurisdiction in which you reside, and to the processing of that information as described in this Policy.
5. Children’s Privacy
The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as practicable.
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of your information. These
safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that these measures will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information since despite our efforts, no Internet and/or other electronic transmissions can be completely secure. You may be provided with a password upon creation of your account. We recommend that you immediately change this password and otherwise change your passwords periodically. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your applicable account usernames and passwords. If you believe that your account username and/or password have been stolen or been made known to others, you must contact us immediately at email@example.com. We are not responsible if someone else accesses your user information(s) through information that they have obtained from you.
7. Third-Party Links and Services
The Services may contain links to or “frame” third-party websites, applications and other services (e.g., including websites related to Campaigns). Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and services. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of each and every site they visit that collects their information.
8. Questions About this Policy
If you have any questions about our Policy, you can contact us by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.